Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Very Sad Story


A Very Sad Story.
This poor little unloved petit point guy was sitting so lonely at the back on the bottom shelf of a bookcase in an op shop. As I was walking by I spotted him at first I thought it was a card in a frame. When I picked him up to take a closer look I realised he was done in petit point. How sad after all those hours of stitching that someone had put in an op shop. I paid five dollars for him, and brought him home. I often wonder who stitched him and why he was abandoned, anyway he has found a very safe and appreciative home. There was no glass on him when I bought him so I had non reflective glass put in, I would have introduced him to everyone sooner but I couldn't get a good enough picture of him until today.

3 comments:

annetteb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annetteb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

If only these pieces of wonderful embroidery could talk. This petite point is beautiful.