Friday, May 11, 2007

Beading

Beading
I have never really dabbled in beads, since having the internet and through peoples blogs I can see what an asset they are not only in crazy quilting but in all sorts of embroidery. In order to improve my skill I have decided to explore and practice the possibilites of beading. These are some samples I took time to practice this week. I first noticed the little flowers in a blog from Jo in NZ http://nzjo.blogspot.com/2006/08/paisley-how-to.html thanks Jo for the tutorial I have given them a try. I also found other variations in a book from the library called "beautiful Bead Embroidery" "Country Bumpkin Publications" they are much the same as Jo's examples just using different amount of beads or sequens. I'm glad I tried because now I realise the actual size and beauty of the little flowers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Mum. Happy Mothers day. Jarrad

Penny said...

thanks for leaving a comment, I think your stuff is great, i am only a part time embroiderer. A scanner helps with getting embroideries up, I only use my camera for photos of scenes!