Thursday, March 29, 2007




This is one of my favourite quilts. It catches the light beautifully, wherever you put it, it changes mood. We used to have a shack at Milang on the river front and for the year 2000 Karen (who's business name I would mention if I knew it) one of the local's at Milang dyes silk. She made scraps for us all to wear as scarves for the street party. They were beautiful with firework images and all sorts in the background see photo above. I was lucky enough to grab a bag of her offcuts from the little craft shop at Milang and so began a new quilt. After piecing and machine embroidering all the squares it sat in the cupboard for years. It was stitched on batting and the magazine I was using with instructions on how to make it went missing. It's a quilt as you go type pattern. Well time passed and every now and then I'd get it out and spread it on the floor thinking what will I do. I finally decided to zigzag the patches together, lay down the backing then stitch the borders down and finally handsew the other side of the borders. For what was supposed to be a quick and easy quilt it was quite a truama. Never mind it's turned out to have lots of memories and to be one of my favourties.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I understand why this is a favorite. You have an excellent way of sewing them together with the narrow borders.