Monday, March 12, 2007

Dorset Feather Work




Having started the TAST challenge late I felt it unfair that I have not been able to share my work but have been browsing everbody elses. I was deciding wether to start from week 1 and try to catch up when I stumbled across some samplers from my level 1 surface stitchery folder which was done with Embroiders Guild S.A.


I will use them for feather stitch week 7, and buttonhole week 2, cheating a little I know but it will help me catch up.


Dorset feather Work "Trial and error sampler" book "Dorset Feather Stitchery Olivia Pass"

These samplers are worked straight from the above sampler book found at the embroiderers guild S.A.


Sampler 1) My first attempt at this style of embroidery was very primitive. (Threads used DMC).


Sampler 2) A little neater. (Threads used-rayon on silk)

DMC rayon 4 threads 33608 feather stitch

Maderia 3 threads 554 buttonhole scroll

DMC 4 threads 210 buttonhole scroll

DMC 4 threads 553 feather stitch

DMC 2 threads 553 satin stitch

pine cone

DMC 4 threads 554 inner buttonhole

DMC 4 threads 554 outer buttonhole




No comments: